Helpline - 01322 619 898
It is currently 29 Mar 2017, 20:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Disclaimer:
The views and comments entered in this forum are personal and not necessarily those of Allergy UK. The information contained in this forum is not intended, and must not be taken to be, the provision or practice of medical advice or services nor a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have any questions or concerns about your health or treatment, contact your GP, doctor or other qualified health professional. Always see your GP or doctor or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any treatment. As the Forum is designed to be a support network rather than providing professional advice the posts may not be viewed daily by trained Allergy UK staff. Therefore, we would urge you to contact the Allergy UK Helpline 01322 619898 or the Allergy UK webchat if you have an urgent medical enquiry regarding your allergies, and one of our trained Allergy Advisors will be able to provide you with the appropriate advice.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016, 21:43 

Hello. Please please can someone help me with any experience they have had. For about 7 months now I have had the issue of feeling hot on my skin, a blotchy looking rash on top of hands and wrists, itchy feeling (not the rash) all over. Doctor said urticaria but I think it's rubbish because I have researched that and my symptoms are not a raised itchy welt. I also get small pimple / tiny blister type things (literally tiny) especially on upper arms and top of chest. Been on fexofenadine for months with no difference. Changed to non bio to test that..... No difference, so went back to surf. Stopped all meds. No difference. Stopped comfort fabric softener. No difference. Please can anybody help? Where do I start in trying to stop this life controlling feeling. Someone suggested my blood is too warm, hence the hot skin, pimples and tiny blisters on skin. Could there be truth in that? If anyone has any help could you possibly email me? SMcAllister84@outlook.com Thanks so much in advance. (32 male). PS. I know this is not scabies because I had that years ago and I could clearly see an infestation. As mentioned, had these symptoms for 7 months so deffo not scabies as got treatment just in case. Thanks

Attachments:
IMG_20161228_202722_999.jpg
IMG_20161228_202722_999.jpg [ 232.29 KiB | Viewed 942 times ]
IMG_20161228_201029_083.jpg
IMG_20161228_201029_083.jpg [ 119.82 KiB | Viewed 942 times ]
IMG_20161228_201516_699.jpg
IMG_20161228_201516_699.jpg [ 192.25 KiB | Viewed 942 times ]

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 14:40 

Hi, I've just joined AllergyUK and found your comments very similar to what I am going through. I had hives last summer and had fexofenadine (x3) per day but it had no discernible effect. Finally in desperation I was prescribed Presnidolone which worked within hours but the side-effects are bad - impaired vision, breathlessness and after a while very sensitive skin and surface bleeding when just lightly bruising. Now the hives has 'morphed' into what the doctor has called folliculitis and the photos you posted are exactly what I have. I have itching especially on my chest and sides. Nothing seems to work and next week I am seeing a dermatologist in Ipswich (NHS) and hoping that there is a magic potion/lotion/cream or pill that can get my skin back to normal again. Over the last three months my skin has gone into overdrive and is now very very dry and flaky. I'll let you know on this forum if anything comes from my visit to the dermatologist.