Helpline - 01322 619 898
It is currently 29 Mar 2017, 20:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Disclaimer:
The views and comments entered in this forum are personal and not necessarily those of Allergy UK. The information contained in this forum is not intended, and must not be taken to be, the provision or practice of medical advice or services nor a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have any questions or concerns about your health or treatment, contact your GP, doctor or other qualified health professional. Always see your GP or doctor or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any treatment. As the Forum is designed to be a support network rather than providing professional advice the posts may not be viewed daily by trained Allergy UK staff. Therefore, we would urge you to contact the Allergy UK Helpline 01322 619898 or the Allergy UK webchat if you have an urgent medical enquiry regarding your allergies, and one of our trained Allergy Advisors will be able to provide you with the appropriate advice.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017, 18:39 

I have a 4 month old. When he was about 3 weeks he was diagnosed with serious reflux and colic.
We tried many different medicines and in the end had Omeprazole.
But he was still pretty bad. Fast forward about 2 weeks and he stopped feeding. He would scream in pain throughout the whole feed and eventually just stopped bothering.
We were admitted to Peads and were in a week on feed watch.
I asked if it was possible he had a milk allergy (as they had no answers for why he wasn't feeding). I was told it absolutely couldn't be.
Anyway came out of hospital in basically the same state with no help so we got hold of some neutrimigen within 3 days his reflux and colic were vastly improved. However he started to develop a rash on his tummy. So we went back to his normal sma the rash went but all his other symptoms cane back. So we went to the drs and got aptimil pepti. His rash then spread to his back, legs and face.
So we changed to neocate LcP yesterday morning. He is now once again refusing to feed and his rash is full body and face.
I can't even count how many drs/nurses/paeds/midwives/health visitors we have seen. No one has any idea.
He desperately wants to feed. But as soon as he takes a suck he pushes it out and screams and screams and screams.
They want to readmit us again for his feeds to be monitored incase he needs tube feeding but this isn't helpful. I need to fix the problem.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2017, 10:48 

Hi Ashley&twoboys,

would you be able to send an email to us with the content of this post and your telephone number if possible? we will help where we can.

Our email address is info@allergyuk.org

01322 619898