Helpline - 01322 619 898
It is currently 29 Jul 2016, 16:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Disclaimer:
The views and comments entered in this forum are personal and not necessarily those of Allergy UK. The information contained in this forum is not intended, and must not be taken to be, the provision or practice of medical advice or services nor a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have any questions or concerns about your health or treatment, contact your GP, doctor or other qualified health professional. Always see your GP or doctor or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any treatment. As the Forum is designed to be a support network rather than providing professional advice the posts may not be viewed daily by trained Allergy UK staff. Therefore, we would urge you to contact the Allergy UK Helpline 01322 619898 or the Allergy UK webchat if you have an urgent medical enquiry regarding your allergies, and one of our trained Allergy Advisors will be able to provide you with the appropriate advice.

Post subject: Allergic to Persil
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2010, 10:30 

Hi All

I recently changed washing powder to Persil and brutally found out I was allergic to it. I had a rash all over my body with tiny red spots and blotches. My arms were the worst.

Although I've switched back to Aerial, the rashes haven't disappeared. They are better but my arms are still very itchy.

Has anyone had any similar problems? Any advice on how to get rid of it?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Allergic to Persil
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 16:48 

:) hey have you tried bold 2 in 1 because i had the same problem so i switched to bold & that seems to be ok with me or go on healthy house which has powder that might help you hope that helps you good luck :) :D

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2010, 19:28 

Have you tried non biological washing powder called Surcare I have used it for some time so far I have not had any skin problems.

Coniston

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2010, 16:39 

Yes, I'd recommend Surcare, too. It's the only thing I can use, now. Everything else contains parfum of some kind!
Good luck!

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2010, 17:18 

im allergic to most washing powders as is both my children and can only use fairy non bio but when my washing machiene broke down and my mother was using persil as that all my younger brother can use and we all reacted when i got my machiene fixed i had to re wash everything that had been done at her a couple of times to get rid of the effects from the persil as it seemed to stay in the clothing the bed clothes were the worst im guessing though you will have worked ur way through all the stuff thats been done in the persil but its easy to miss something with out realising hope this has been of some help im not sure about the sur care used it years a go but recently heard they have changed a ingredient and a few ppl are now having problems with it

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 00:48 

Myself I got a very bad reaction to Bold, and any other perfumed/biological washing powder. I now buy only non perfumed washing powder. Boots does a good one, and also Surcare seems to work well, no irritation. Hope one of these will help for you too. Good luck.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2011, 16:25 

Hi, I have an allergy to most washing powders and that includes the Persil, Bold, Fairy, etc ranges.. I use the Ecoleaf washing liquid for the whole family (my son also has eczema) and we've not had any problems at all and it works...

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2011, 14:26 

Hi - many moons ago, Persil changed its ingredients (? right word) :D and the next day after using it, I was admitted to hospital!. Since then I have used SURCARE - no perfumes etc. .. they also do fabric softener/washing up liquid ...
My sister has worse eczema, yet she seems to get away with Ariel eeeeeeek .. makes my skin itchy to even think about it!
You can get Surcare in Sainsburys (the bigger ones) and sometimes Asda. Not sure about Tescoes/not Morrisons....
Good luck - as I know how frustrating it all is!

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2011, 07:43 

I have a very bad allergy on Persil, Aerial and many other washing powders, too. When I was a child it was ok, so they must have changed anything or I am getting more and more sensible. For some years I use a natural washing powder from Klar (discovered it on www.purenature24.co.uk/) and other natural products and I'm very pleased with it.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2011, 10:11 

I have probs with persil,surf,ariel,fairy and many others, the only one i have found i can use is bold but only the blue and purple ones anything else and i struggle as does my youngest daugther. I still itch but not as much. My sister had this non bio powder and fab soft too (stores own) as her children have skin issues and it made me itch sooooo much when we stayed at hers. Think her kids are reacting to the wash powder but not at liberty to tell her (bite my head off) :roll: