Helpline - 01322 619 898
It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 00:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Disclaimer:
The views and comments entered in this forum are personal and not necessarily those of Allergy UK. The information contained in this forum is not intended, and must not be taken to be, the provision or practice of medical advice or services nor a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have any questions or concerns about your health or treatment, contact your GP, doctor or other qualified health professional. Always see your GP or doctor or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any treatment. As the Forum is designed to be a support network rather than providing professional advice the posts may not be viewed daily by trained Allergy UK staff. Therefore, we would urge you to contact the Allergy UK Helpline 01322 619898 or the Allergy UK webchat if you have an urgent medical enquiry regarding your allergies, and one of our trained Allergy Advisors will be able to provide you with the appropriate advice.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2010, 08:36 

Can anybody give me definitive information regarding the consumption of rice cereal and rice milk with histamine intolerance? I have so many intolerance problems: lactose, gluten, fructose, and histamine that if I have to remove rice as well, there's not going to be a heck of lot else I can eat. :(

Oops! I just remembered that I tried to get away with eating an egg and toast yesterday. I think that might explain the bowel cramping! One day I will get the hang of this condition!

:D

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2010, 11:11 

Hey there,

Low-histamine alternatives to milk (lactose) products are rice milk, oat milk or coconut milk (best from fresh coconut for the extra sensitive). There are also lactose free products, which you surely know about - some lactose intolerant people are able to tolerate these, and some not. Rice is certainly low in histamine.

Concerning egg: You should prefer egg yolk to egg white.

A quick note on fructose intolerance (not the hereditary type): It is a matter of reducing fructose to a tolerable level and using moderate levels of glucose as an alternative to other sugars. It is not about complete avoidance.

Hope ths helps a little.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 05:38 

20 packs of rice milk tested by our lab:

13 packs had 18ppm histamines or below (good)
7 packs had over 30ppm histamines (bad)
rgds
Dirk
Immunologist
www.immunecliniclondon.com

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 05:40 

regarding eggs:

But don't forget... if you have cholesterol problems, you should prefer egg white to egg yolks...
By the way... for histamines, eggs are in the clear!
rgds
Dirk

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2010, 20:43 

Dr B, rice is variable, fantastic, explains my adventures in eating it these last few years...and great news about eggs!!