Helpline - 01322 619 898
It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 20:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Disclaimer:
The views and comments entered in this forum are personal and not necessarily those of Allergy UK. The information contained in this forum is not intended, and must not be taken to be, the provision or practice of medical advice or services nor a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have any questions or concerns about your health or treatment, contact your GP, doctor or other qualified health professional. Always see your GP or doctor or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any treatment. As the Forum is designed to be a support network rather than providing professional advice the posts may not be viewed daily by trained Allergy UK staff. Therefore, we would urge you to contact the Allergy UK Helpline 01322 619898 or the Allergy UK webchat if you have an urgent medical enquiry regarding your allergies, and one of our trained Allergy Advisors will be able to provide you with the appropriate advice.

Post subject: HIT and Epsom Salts
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2011, 16:25 

Hi everyone

My blood tests show I am magnesium deficient. Magnesium helps metabolise histamine. I cannot tolerate supplements at the moment but wondered if an epsom salts bath would do any harm? Are epsom salts allowed on the low histamine diet? :)

Post subject: Re: HIT and Epsom Salts
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2011, 05:07 

Have you tried magnesium oil? You just massage it into your skin and it bypasses the digestive system. As far as I understand it, the benefits of Epsom salts baths do not last very long.

http://www.ancient-minerals.com/

:)