Helpline - 01322 619 898
It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 10:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Disclaimer:
The views and comments entered in this forum are personal and not necessarily those of Allergy UK. The information contained in this forum is not intended, and must not be taken to be, the provision or practice of medical advice or services nor a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have any questions or concerns about your health or treatment, contact your GP, doctor or other qualified health professional. Always see your GP or doctor or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any treatment. As the Forum is designed to be a support network rather than providing professional advice the posts may not be viewed daily by trained Allergy UK staff. Therefore, we would urge you to contact the Allergy UK Helpline 01322 619898 or the Allergy UK webchat if you have an urgent medical enquiry regarding your allergies, and one of our trained Allergy Advisors will be able to provide you with the appropriate advice.

Post subject: latex allergy
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2011, 13:08 

Hi since having my daughter i have developed a bad latex allergy, i just wondered if anyone knew which sanitary pads are safe to use, iv checked packaging and websites but i cant find if the do or not! Help please im new to all this!

Thanks xx

Post subject: Re: latex allergy
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2011, 10:53 

Dear Emmaandizzy

I found this following information from the Latex Support Group, i hope it helps

Feminine sanitary pads and tampons:
MAY CONTAIN LATEX: SOME FEMININE SANITARY PADS, TAMPONS AND PANT LINERS. BOOTS ULTRA THIN TOWELS (contains 15% latex not in direct contact with skin),
BOOTS ULTRA THIN PANTLINER (contains less than 1% latex not in direct contact with skin). BOOTS DISPOSABLE BRIEFS (leg elastic contains 90% latex). BODYFORM PADS (the coversheet is heat bonded with latex).
LATEX-FREE: All Always products (Procter & Gamble 0800 187916).

Boots Standard Pantliners, Boots Scented Pantliners, Boots Petite Press on Towels, Boots Tampons, Boots Traditional Press on Towels, Boots Protective Briefs (Boots 0115 9595167). All Kimberley Clark Kotex feminine care products (Kimberley Clark 01732 594000).

The conveyor belts used by Procter & Gamble in the manufacture of Tampax are all polyurethane.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2011, 08:03 

Thank you so much for your message!!

It's hard to know where to begin when all of a sudden an allergy strikes that has never been there before.

Thanks again! X

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 18:50 

Hi Emma

I'm a journalist, a freelance for all the women's weeklies and glossies, and I'm trying to find someone with a latex allergy for a story I'm writing: I don't suppose you might be interested? Basically, I have been doing some research and found that some people with latex allergies are actually allergic to knickers because of the latex in the stitching? I don't know if this applies to you but, if yes, would you consider speaking to me about it? The story would be sensitively done, you'd be given copy approval, so you'd know what was going in the magazine before it's published, and you'd be paid a few hundred pounds. I thought your story sounded particularly interesting as the allergy has started since giving birth: I've never heard of that before.

Anyway Emma, my name's Jane Common (if you google me some stuff I've written will come up to prove I'm bona fide) and my email is commonjane@hotmail.com, tel: 07967 272369.

Do get in touch if you wouldn't mind talking about your allergy in print!

Many thanks,

JaneX

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2011, 21:22 

Hi Jane,

Ofcourse I shall try and give you a call tomorrow morning my name is Emma!
I def think more needs to be done as I have trouble with many things such as razors and tooth brushes it's all started since my pregnancy but I shall go into detail when I speak to you!

Speak to you tomorrow!

Emma

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 16:19 

Hi Emma

Thanks for the reply. I don't think you did call me but maybe I missed you. Anyway, am popping out for an hour now but am in all evening and weekend if you have a minute for a quick chat. My no's 07967272369 just to confirm....

Cheers Emma!

JaneX

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2011, 18:07 

Hi Jane,

So sorry I haven't had a chance today as were in the middle of moving house I shall give you a call tomorrow sorry I thought I would have 5 mins this morning, if you don't answer I will leave a voicemail containing my number!

Sorry again!

Emma x

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2011, 20:02 

Hey Emma

I'm guessing you've had a really hectic weekend what with moving and all! Don't worry: what I was going to suggest is this. I'm actually going away for a couple of weeks on holiday so why don't you email me over the next couple of days on commonjane@hotmail.com with your details and then, when I return, I'll get in touch.

Does that work for you? Hopefully you should be all settled in your new house by then!

Thanks Emma,

JaneX

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 21:50 

emmaandizzy wrote:
Hi Jane,

So sorry I haven't had a chance today as were in the middle of moving house I shall give you a call tomorrow sorry I thought I would have 5 mins this morning, if you don't answer I will leave a voicemail containing my number!

Sorry again!

Emma x

Hi Emma, I think we lost each other somewhere between your house move and my holiday! Drop me a line on commonjane@hotmail.com or call me on 07967 272369 and we can reconvene....

JaneXXXX